(Sponsored by Mexico)
The 22nd Annual Meeting of the Asia Pacific Parliamentary Forum,
Recognizing the growing importance of tourism in the Asia-Pacific region as a means to create quality jobs and promote economic growth and development;
Acknowledging the importance of creating sustainable and environmentally friendly tourism in all Asia Pacific member countries;
Reaffirming the interest and concern of conserving touristic sites that have a historical and natural value for humanity;
Committed to protecting the environment and preserving spaces rich in historical wealth;
Accepting the benefits air transportation offers in terms of promoting tourism and reaffirming the importance of stimulating air connectivity in the Asia Pacific region;
Concerned about the application of new aviation taxes and, consequently, the rising cost of ticket prices and air services;
Recognizing the importance of providing a safe environment for tourists visiting the APPF member countries;
Observing the successful adoption of measures to encourage and facilitate business and tourist travel between the APPF member countries.
1. Support the creation of the proper guidelines and regulations to promote growth and strengthen sustainable tourism in the Asia Pacific region.
2. Contribute to developing statistics and information that will help determine the impact the tourist industry produces on the APPF member countries.
3. Promote investment in sustainable tourism, including ecological and cultural tourism.
4. Promote sustainable air connectivity among the APPF economies, and encourage the entry of new airlines into the countries of the region.
5. Support the implementation of travel facilitation processes as a means to create jobs and stimulate the economic development of the APPF member countries.
6. Further improve the facilitation of tourist and business travel to the region by leveraging the use of new technologies, facilitating entry and transit requirements, and improving capacities to improvethe advance passenger information system.
Puerto Vallarta, México
15 January, 2014