(Sponsored by Mexico)
The 22nd Annual Meeting of the Asia Pacific Parliamentary Forum,
Recognizing that the Asia Pacific region has been known for sustaining its continued growth in recent years as a result of the different cooperation mechanisms adopted;
Accepting that multilateral commerce, with its corresponding rules and regulations, has spurred economic growth and promoted development;
Knowing that commercial and bilateral trade agreements have promoted the growth of our economies, thus increasing opportunities for our citizens;
Aware of the fact that our region is gradually becoming the leadingcause of global growth, we reaffirm our commitment to resist protectionism and trade distorting measures;
Considering that the success of multilateral trade and regional and bilateral agreements has lifted hundreds of millions of people out of poverty across the Asia Pacific region;
Convinced of the importance of taking the measures needed to allow us to maintain economic growth and financial stability in the region in order to avoid negative side effects;
Recognizing the need to strengthen macroeconomic policies and work together to promote sustainable and inclusive growth in the Asia Pacific region;
Committed to creating the conditions that allow us to improve jobs, attract private investment, reduce poverty and improve the living standards of our people;
Committed to providing support to micro, small and medium enterprises to encourage investment, innovation, leadership, economic growth, employment and expansion;
Recognizing that the Leaders' Declaration of the Asia-Pacific Cooperation Mechanisms adopted in October 2013 led to the creation of the 2013-2016 Multi Year Plan on Infrastructure Development and Investment.
1. Encourage the adoption of measures that allow us to improve infrastructure to increase productivity, stimulate investment and promote better communications among the APPF member countries.
2. Adopt, update and revise the laws, regulations and practices that facilitate investment between Asia Pacific member countries in infrastructure and promote the private sector's involvement in this group.
3. Encourage and support the joint venture between the public and private sectors to maximize investment in construction and development of airport, railway, seaport, roadway and telecommunications infrastructure.
4. Support measures that allow for the creation and development of core transmission, distribution, electricity, gas and oil pipeline networks and telecommunications and to improve hospital infrastructure.
5. Promote the adoption of laws in the APPF member countries that establish guidelines to build, equip, maintain, rehabilitate, strengthen, rebuild and enable educational facilities.
6. Adopt laws and facilitating investments plans to expand our ability to enhance social, corporate responsibility and sustainable investment practices.
7. Promote economic and technical cooperation with the participation of the public and private sectors to fosterinclusive economic growth among APPF member countries.
Puerto Vallarta, México
15 January, 2014