(submitted by Thailand)
Concerned that corruption continues to undermine the rule of law and good governance in the Asia Pacific region,
Convinced that closer cooperation among Asia Pacific parliamentarians, relevant agencies and citizen groups can contribute significantly to the struggle to combat corruption,
RESOLVES TO urge APPF Member Countries to:
1. Undertake effective measures and formulate more stringent laws to deal with corruption;
2. Enforce the relevant UN and other multilateral conventions on corrupt practice;
3. Intensify cooperation to formulate and share policies and programmes for combating corruption, including the prevention of money-laundering, and mechanisms for the repatriation of illegally-obtained wealth;
4. Strengthen the capacity of national parliamentary bodies to exercise legislative oversight in the fight against corruption; and
5. Support closer cooperation among relevant agencies of APPF members through support of such activities as regular meeting, workshops, research, and exchange of information on best practices.
6. Encourage its members to attend future meetings of the Global Organisation Parliamentarians Against Corruption (GOPAC).