19th Annual Meeting of the Asia Pacific Parliamentary Forum
23-27 January 2011
Resolution on Movement of People
(Sponsored by Canada)
THE NINETEENTH ANNUAL MEETING OF THE ASIA-PACIFIC PARLIAMENTARY FORUM:
Emphasizing that trade in goods and services strengthens our economies and increases our quality of life;
Considering that commercial linkages between states are developed through person to person interactions and that facilitating these linkages improves trade;
Noting that many families are spread across different APPF members and that seeing one’s family is also important to our quality of life;
Noting that tourists provide economic opportunities for destination countries;
- Call upon APPF member countries to promote convenient, economic and consistent movement of people between member states.
- Encourage APFF member countries to minimize visa requirements for entry into their territory and maximize the flexibility of visas, while ensuring domestic security.
- Encourage APPF member countries to facilitate fair competition in the global travel industry.
- Encourage APPF member countries to support conferences, work exchanges and student exchanges between each other.
- Encourage APPF member countries to facilitate the recognition of professional credentials from other members.
- Encourage APPF member countries to work towards social security portability agreements.